Further to my last post about the Marlborough Open Studios, I’ve selected some images for the contacts, and am now playing with them to see what works and what doesn’t. At present, there are three sets of images that I consider to be possibilities
- Artists at work.
2. Artists in their studios.
3. A series of diptychs of artists and examples of their work, such as the example below.
Other possibilities include:
- studies of hands at work, though I don’t have enough for a comprehensive series.
- studios and work, but no people (an interesting idea, though again I am not sure I have enough empty studios in my set).
- tools of the trade and work, but no people again. An example is shown below. I am quite taken with this idea, and wonder whether to go with it. However, the single most important aspect of the whole venture was the people and how well many of us got on, so realistically I need to go with a variation of one of the numbered series above.